award to Ottawa Redblacks owners

jinshuiqian0713

award to Ottawa Redblacks owners

Сообщение jinshuiqian0713 » 23 июн 2020, 09:51

MARANA, Ariz. -- Its easy to love the format at the Match Play Championship on Tuesday. Opinions can change quickly Wednesday on the way out the door. Thomas Bjorn flew halfway around the world to La Costa in 2005 just to play 13 holes. He took the next year off with a neck injury, then came all the way to Arizona in 2007 and again lasted only 13 holes. Tiger Woods won three times. And then there was the year he lost to Peter OMalley in the opening round, walking from the 17th green all the way to the clubhouse at La Costa with an army of reporters walking behind him, no one saying a word. There is no such thing as an upset in Match Play. That doesnt mean there arent 16 guys who are plenty upset when they lose in the first round. They call Ernie Els the "Big Easy." They might as well call him "Heisman" when he loses on Wednesday and sees a reporter approaching. The do-or-die nature of Match Play is what makes it so compelling to fans -- and so maddening to sponsors and fans. This tournament operates in reverse. Any other event, the drama builds toward the back nine on Sunday. Wednesday is one of the most exciting days in golf at Match Play. Thursday is not far behind. Friday is pretty good, too. On Sunday, there are only two possibilities -- one guy wins, one guy loses, and its like that for four hours. Now might be the best time for a change. Accenture is in the final year of a title sponsor. This most likely will be the final year at Dove Mountain. With the never-ending, globe-trotting nature of the golf schedule, theres not even a guarantee the Match Play Championship will be at the end of the West Coast Swing on the PGA Tour. As one top tour official said, the future of this World Golf Championship is wide open. The tour is talking to one potential title sponsor, and so much would depend on that. Its not as simple as finding a great golf course to host 64 of the worlds best players. The modern era of professional golf is about entertainment, and that includes a company that pays some $10 million a year to entertain clients. There was chatter about Harding Park, but it was nothing more than that, especially after one potential sponsor was not interested. Colombia is at least in the conversation -- the country in South America, not the golf club that hosted the 1921 U.S. Open outside the nations capital. Of more interest is the format. Woods gets all the attention, and rightly so, as the player everyone hates to see leave on Wednesday. That has happened three times (though he didnt leave until Thursday last year because the first round was postponed by snow). And it doesnt help when he has company -- three of the top four seeds lost in the first round last year. The European Tour has a blueprint for its World Match Play Championship -- four groups of four players, each playing 18-hole matches, and then players advancing out of those groups. But thats only 16 players. This WGC has 64 players. But if the tournament can move to a 36-hole complex, then there are more options. Its not about the course in match play. Youre only trying to beat your opponent. "You can have lots of fun with it," two-time winner Geoff Ogilvy said. "The format can be better, dont you think? Some guys are there for three hours and you go home. You can see why some guys dont want to go. Ive been 5-under on the 14th hole and shaking hands. Youre driving home saying, How fair is that? I beat 30 of these guys and Im going home." Rory McIlroy and Ernie Els raised the idea of 36 holes of stroke-play qualifying, with the top 32 players advancing to match play. Thats how the U.S. Amateur works (it uses two courses). That would keep players around for at least three days, and eliminate some of the luck factor. "I see nothing wrong with that," McIlroy said. Lee Westwood is among those -- and its a longer list than some might realize -- who like it the way it is. His one beef is the consolation match for third- and fourth-place. The difference is $120,000, along with world ranking points (both important in a Ryder Cup year). But as Westwood points out, the points and money is easily split. No one cares about the consolation match. It just gives TV something to show between shots of the championship match. One year, the consolation match was moving so slowly that it actually held up the main event. Woods has lost in every round except the semifinals. Imagine him on the golf course Sunday playing for the third place. Who are the fans following? Who is TV showing? We wont find out this year. Woods isnt around, and Dove Mountain plays no small part. Woods only saw the weekend one time in Arizona, and that was the year he won. He wont have to worry about that next year as the Match Play is sure to move -- at least off the mountain. As far as changing the format? That would be assuming its actually broken. "If you get defeated, you should be packing your bags and going home," Poulter said. "Thats how Ive always known match play, rather than a round-robin affair where you get a couple of bites of the cherry. The loser should go home. I think its perfect. I think its a great format." He plays the opening match Wednesday against Rickie Fowler. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! . The 30-year-old Moore played in 13 games for the Saints last season, catching 37 balls for 457 yards and two touchdowns. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! . "It feels good, Ive never had one before, not even in College," Hagelin said after the Rangers outgunned the Jets 4-2, behind some solid goaltending from Henrik Lundqvist following a pretty wide open first period. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку!. New Zealand brushed aside England 26-7 to win the event and reclaim top spot in the overall standings. The All Blacks, the defending World Series champions, won their third tournament this season in style, running four tries past England to claim their 11th Cup championship in Hong Kong and first since 2011. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! . According to TSNs Farhan Lalji, Richardson is heading to Toronto for a physical and is expected to sign with the Argonauts. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! . Fans can also watch the game on the newly launched TSN GO (currently available to Bell TV and Rogers customers), which gives TSN subscribers the freedom to live stream the networks programming from their smartphones, tablets, and computers at no additional charge – just as they would watch Canadas Sports Leader on TV at home. The following week, MLS ON TSN is at BMO Field in Toronto to deliver live coverage of TFCs home opener vs. D.C. United on Saturday, March 22 at 4:30 p.VANCOUVER - A record-setting season earned Solomon Elimimian a piece of CFL history Thursday night.The B.C. Lions linebacker was named the leagues outstanding player, the first pure defensive performer to receive its highest individual accolade. The six-foot, 227-pound Elimimian also captured top defensive player honours during the CFL awards banquet at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre.And for good reason. Elimimian, the 2010 CFL top rookie, posted 143 defensive tackles and 151 total tackles, both CFL records, and added five sacks. Elimimian, 28, registered the double in voting conducted by 53 members of the Football Reporters of Canada and the nine CFL head coaches.Man, I couldnt sleep, I was so nervous thinking about my speech, thinking about what I need, said Elimimian, who was up at 4 a.m. on Thursday. Its nerve-wracking because its something thats uncharted.Winning an award is great but something of this magnitude I probably wont fully comprehend, fully appreciate until later on. Its unbelievable.In his acceptance speech, Elimimian paid tribute to former Lions head coach Mike Benevides, who was in attendance, and invited teammates and family up on stage with him. And when Elimimian received the top defensive player award, he also recognized his presenter, five-time winner Willie Pless. Willie is the man, Elimimian said. I think its important to understand the guys whove paved the way for you.When you come to the CFL you have to look at a guy like Willie Pless, who has won (top) defensive player five times in a row. Who can say theyve done that? Im glad I was able to meet him.While this season was Elimimians most productive it was also an emotionally draining one. With each passing week, the Lions linebacker said he felt the heavy weight of expectation regarding the outstanding player award.I dont think people understand how mentally difficult it was every week to go out there and perform, he said. In a sport like football playing the position I play it was tough and the more and more we kept going the more pressure there was.It was the most emotional season Ive had in my whole career.And Elimimian had some bad news for opposing offences: Hes not reached his peak yet.I just feel like mentally Im starting to come into my own, he said. My thing was I knew I was going to dominate every game, it was just about how much I was going to dominate.Elimimian earned the outstanding player award by a 48-14 margin over Toronto Argonauts quarterback Ricky Ray. Despite requiring off-season shoulder surgery, Ray, 35 was the CFLs passing leader with 4,595 yards and 28 touchdowns.Ray was also a finalist to Calgarys Jon Cornish for the award last year.Elimimian secured the top defensive player by a 58-4 margin over Montreal Alouettes linebacker Bear Woods, the CFLs second-leading tackler with 89.Cornish didnt come away empty-handed, capturing his third straight top Canadian award by a 50-12 margin over defensive lineman Ted Laurent of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Cornish led the CFL in rushing with 1,082 yards despite playing only nine regular-season games.Cornish became the second three-time winner, joining former Ottawa star Tony Gabriel in that exclusive group.Hes truly a remarkablee Canadian, Cornish said of Gabriel.dddddddddddd Im pretty happy to be compared to him.Laurent recorded a career-best nine sacks for Hamilton, which faces Calgary on Sunday in the Grey Cup game at B.C. Place Stadium.The other individual award winners included Toronto kicker/punter Swayze Waters (special-teams player), Calgary centre Brett Jones (top lineman) and Edmonton Eskimos linebacker Dexter McCoil (rookie).Veteran Calgary long-snapper Randy Chevrier captured the Tom Pate award for outstanding community service while Toronto linebacker James Yurichuk received the Jake Gaudaur Veteran Trophy.Mark Cohon presented the Commissioners award to Ottawa Redblacks owners Roger Greenberg, Jeff Hunt, John Pugh, John Ruddy and Bell Shenkman for returning the CFL to the Canadian capital. Saskatchewan Roughriders president Jim Hopson received the Hugh Campbell Distinguished Leadership award for his contributions to the CFL.Waters, 27, earned the special-teams award by a 51-11 margin over Lirim Hajrullahu of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Waters season began tragically as his best friend, Tait Hendrix, died in a motorcycle accident during training camp. Waters wore No. 34 — Hendrixs high school number — this year and dedicated the 14 season to Hendrixs memory.I wanted to do it to honour him, honour our friendship, said Waters. He was the kind of guy who lived life to the fullest every day.I hope I did him proud.The six-foot, 180-pound Waters led the CFL in scoring (192 points), field goals tried (52), made (47), punting (47.7 yards) and kickoffs (65.2 yards). Hajrullahu enjoyed a solid rookie campaign, making 40-of-46 field goals (87 per cent) while posting a 43.8-yard punting average 63.5-yard kickoff average.Jones was honoured for a second straight year after being named the CFLs top rookie in 2013. The six-foot-two, 318-pound Jones, a 23-year-old native of Weyburn, Sask., earned the top lineman honour by a 41-21 margin over Jeff Perrett of the Montreal Alouettes.Jones played all 18 regular-season games with Calgary and anchored an offensive line that allowed a league-low 26 sacks. The Stampeders also averaged a CFL-best 144 yards rushing per game but Jones feels he can continue to improve.I just know theres a lot of areas I can keep getting better, he said. Thats why I keep coming to work every day. McCoil was the top rookie by a 48-14 margin over Toronto defensive lineman Tristan Okpalaugo. McCoil, 23, scored three defensive TDs this season and also finished tied for the league lead in interceptions with six and had a team-high 67 tackles. But McCoil accepted the award with a heavy heart as Wednesday he attended his 58-year-old grandmothers funeral. McCoil was planning to bring her to Thursdays awards banquet but she died Nov. 18.She was the rock of the family, he said. I lived with her for a year and a half in high school and I learned a lot from her.I lost my grandfather when I was a freshman in college (Tulsa) so I was pretty much that person she looked to. I used to talk to her the day before games and my mom on the day of games. Im not sure what I will do now.Okpalaugo also had an impressive first year in the CFL with a team-high 12 sacks for Toronto. ' ' '

Вернуться в «Общение обо всем»