knew I was coming on the ice

jinshuiqian0713

knew I was coming on the ice

Сообщение jinshuiqian0713 » 23 июн 2020, 09:52

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Sebastian Vettels move to Ferrari seems a fitting one, bringing together motor sports most prestigious team and the most successful driver in the current era.The pleasant symmetry stops there.The harsh reality is that both Ferrari and Vettel have lost their way and need each other to find a route back to the top.This season, Ferrari failed to win a race for the first time since 1993, while Vettel went without a win for the first time since 2007, his debut F1 season in which he raced only eight times.Some contrast to last year, when Vettel won 13 races. This year he managed just four podiums and finished fifth, 217 points behind F1 champion Lewis Hamilton.I know that there is a mountain of work waiting for me, and that is part of the task that I have chosen, Vettel said. I think if you climb a mountain together, that is a very strong bond, and then ending up successful, that is a fantastic outlook.Patience will clearly be required by both parties.Since Alonsos triumph at the Spanish GP in May, 2013, Ferrari has gone 33 races without a win — a painfully long stretch that has already led to decisive action, with Marco Mattiacci replacing long-time team principal Stefano Domenicali.After five seasons, and three runners-up campaigns, two-time F1 champion Fernando Alonso decided hed had enough. Despite the offer of a new contract until 2019, he left Ferrari and is widely tipped to replace Jenson Button at McLaren.We both wanted to open new cycles, Mattiacci said. With Sebastian we get one of the youngest world champions ever.But if Ferraris problems keeping up with Red Bull during Vettels era were frustrating enough, this year Ferrari has fallen even further behind Mercedes, which easily secured a 1-2 double in both the drivers and constructors championships.Ferrari finished fourth in the constructors championship, more than 100 points behind Williams.This gave Ferrari limited bargaining power when it came to persuading Vettel to join.The arguments have to be solid arguments ... the project, the investment. You dont just over-sell, Mattiacci said. I was really impressed with how clever he is — an extremely clever person with great passion for Ferrari.Still, the challenge facing Vettel — who grew up with seven-time champion Michael Schumacher as his idol — is considerable.He was comprehensively beaten by Daniel Ricciardo, his less experienced and less illustrious teammate, who won three races and took five third-place finishes in his first season with Red Bull.Vettel was supposed to be Ricciardos mentor, yet it was the Australian who drove like the senior racer.Vettel has been on the front row of the grid only three times this season — with no pole positions — and qualified in the top four only once in the last seven races of the campaign. Quite some fall for a driver who clocked up 39 career GP wins and 45 pole positions, helping Red Bull to four straight doubles.If you take the overall situation this year, yes, it was strenuous, Vettel said. Facing technical problems all the way through the season didnt make life easy.In a somewhat humiliating end to his Red Bull career as he finished eighth at Sundays Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, starting from last place after both Red Bulls were sent to the back of the grid because of an illegal aerodynamic influence on the front wing flaps.At least Red Bull placed a giant sticker on the garage floor which said Danke Seb! (Thanks Seb!) in recognition of his efforts.We can look back with a huge amount of pride, team principal Christian Horner said. Its not just the experiences you share on track, its outside the cockpit and as not much more than a boy when he arrived, he now leaves us a young man, as a father and he can be incredibly proud of what hes achieved. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! . Finlands Kari Lehtonen made 26 saves to lead Dallas over the Phoenix Coyotes 2-1 Saturday night. He received plenty of help from the Stars defence and got goals from Ray Whitney and Russias Valeri Nichushkin. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! . Venus Williams advanced to the ASB Classic final in Auckland on a walkover when fellow American Jamie Hampton withdrew from their semifinal Friday with a right hip injury. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку!. Ferguson told Uniteds in-house TV channel on Saturday that he has no immediate plans to walk away from the game, and that he still hungers for more trophies even after 25 years in charge of the club. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! . -- Miguel Angel Jimenez quickly shifted his focus back to the Ryder Cup after winning his first Champions Tour event. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! . The Philadelphia left fielder clubbed a tiebreaking, solo home run in the seventh inning, and the Phillies edged the Red Sox, 2-1, in the middle test of a three-game interleague series at Citizens Bank Park. ST. LOUIS -- Kevin Shattenkirk didnt know if the puck was tipped or not. The defenceman didnt care much, either. The bottom line for Shattenkirk and the Blues was that his shot helped them win a hockey game. Shattenkirks first goal of the season midway through the third period sent St. Louis to a 2-1 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday night. Shattenkirks wrist shot from the right point got through traffic at 10:52 of the third period. Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury got a piece of the puck but it trickled into the net to break a 1-all tie. "It was a great play," said Shattenkirk, who extended his point streak to eight games. "Our forwards did a great job keeping the puck alive. Get a D-to-D pass from (Barret Jackman) and throw it to the net. "We still dont know" if the puck was tipped by Vladimir Tarasenko, who was screening Fleury. "We think someone might have tipped it, but for now, Ill take it." Ryan Reaves also scored for St. Louis and Jaroslav Halak stopped 19 shots as the Blues won for the 11th time in 15 games to start the season. Its the first time theyve done that since 2003-04, also the best start in franchise history. "I think Pittsburghs competitiveness made us play 60 minutes," Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. "I thought we got stronger and stronger as the game went on. Our third period was our best. Our second was awfully good, too." It was St. Louis first regulation victory against the Penguins since a 4-1 win Dec. 19, 2006, in Pittsburgh. "I thought we played a really smart, strong, hard hockey game. Both teams competed at a very high level," Hitchcock said. "It was a playoff game and we scored the big goal in the third period, but we played a heck of a third period." Jussi Jokinen scored and Fleury made 30 saves for the Penguins, who have dropped two straight after a four-game winning streak. The 20 shots were a season low for Pittsburgh. "They are probably the best in the league playing this defensive-minded, checking game," Jokinen said of the Blues. "We still generated enough chances to score three or four goals, but we didnt bury those chances." Reaves scored the first goal of the game and the 11th of his career when he redirected Maxim Lapierres centring feed past Fleury 2:52 into the second period. "I dont think anyone really knew I was coming on the ice," Reaves said. "It was a late change. He had some good patience to see me backdoor and just a great paass.dddddddddddd" The Penguins were able to get the equalizer when Jokinen, parked in the slot, redirected Evgeni Malkins centring feed from the right circle 8:06 into the second. Roman Polak was serving an interference penalty for the Blues. "The game was almost as expected -- the tightness of the game and the matchups," Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said. "There wasnt a lot out there." Shattenkirk and Chris Stewart gave the Blues their best scoring chances in the first period. Shattenkirks shot from the right circle was stopped by Fleury 5:33 into the game. Stewart missed on a backhand at the side of the Pittsburgh net after getting a pass from Patrik Berglund with 8:33 left in the first period. Halak was up to the task for the Blues in the first, stopping Chris Kunitzs one-time snap shot of Sidney Crosbys no-look pass with 10:17 remaining. Halak then had Crosby barrelling down on him from the left side after T.J Oshies turnover, but the Blues goalie made a save with his right arm as Crosby tried going high on the short side with 3:45 remaining in the opening period. Fleury preserved a 1-all tie by stopping Oshie with 16:15 remaining, then getting a shoulder on David Backes one-timer after Oshies feed with 10:45 to play. Fleury flashed his glove on Alexander Steens wrister with 5:14 left off a 2-on-1 to keep the Penguins within a goal at 2-1. But he lamented the fact that he didnt see Shattenkirks shot get through. "I dont know. Ive got to see it again," Fleury said. "Who got the goal? Was the guy in front? I want to see it again." The Blues dont care. All that mattered to them is that it went in. "Well see when we wake up tomorrow," Shattenkirk said. "Either way, it was a good effort there by everyone to open up that opportunity. I think the hard work that we had through the entire third period is what led to that goal." NOTES: The Blues are one of four teams that havent allowed a goal to Crosby in his career. The others are San Jose, Edmonton and Chicago. ... Blues D Jordan Leopold (hand) missed his first game of the season. Penguins D Paul Martin (undisclosed) also missed his first game with an injury. Penguins RW James Neal (upper body) returned after missing 15 games. RW Beau Bennett (lower body) returned after missing 11 games. ... The teams previous meeting was Jan. 24, 2012, a 3-2 shootout victory for the Penguins. ... Reaves and Penguins D Deryk Engelland fought 3 seconds into the game. ' ' '

Вернуться в «Общение обо всем»