Durm made his debut

jinshuiqian0713

Durm made his debut

Сообщение jinshuiqian0713 » 23 июн 2020, 09:53

Ahead of her professional mixed martial arts debut in 2007, Canadian Alexis Davis never could have imagined how far fighting would take her. Like many womens MMA pioneers, the Port Colborne, Ont. native didnt think she would get rich by slapping on a pair of four-ounce gloves. She simply wanted to test her skills against a tough opponent. Though her first outing saw her suffer a TKO loss to former Strikeforce champ and current UFC womens bantamweight Sarah Kaufman, Davis fell in love with the thrill of competition. She also knew she had what it took to be a champion. "I remember my first goal," Davis recalled recently. "I was like, Okay, I just want to get a belt. Then I got my first belt — I won a belt in amateur Muay Thai, I got my first jiu jitsu belt and I had my Raging Wolf (womens flyweight) belt. "Now the next step is to get that UFC belt." Following more than seven years competing against the best women fighters in the world — and amassing an impressive 16-5 record, which includes a 3-0 run since joining the UFC — Davis is now set to challenge UFC womens bantamweight titleholder Ronda Rousey in the co-main event of UFC 175 in Las Vegas July 5. As she prepares for the biggest fight of her life, Davis admitted she is still in awe of her journey to the spotlight. "Its been almost surreal for me," Davis said. "Obviously, I just started out like most people — I just kind of did it for fun. I never thought Id be living in California and be fighting for a UFC title. I just enjoyed it so much that I wanted to keep doing it. "Its crazy because Im a girl from a small town in Ontario, Canada and now I have all these huge opportunities. The world has kind of opened to me. I feel like Im almost in a dream world. Im just grateful for how far Ive come in life and the experiences Im able to have." Though Davis can fondly reminisce about her long road to the top, shes hardly standing around enjoying the view. Not only would a victory over Rousey mean bigger paydays, it would also allow her to join the ranks of Carlos Newton and Georges St-Pierre as the sole Canadian UFC champions. Davis said she aims to etch her name in the history books alongside the former welterweight titleholders. "(I was) the first Canadian woman to be signed with the UFC and now the first to fight for a title," Davis said. "The next step is to hopefully be the first one to bring that belt back home. "Times really flying. To have this opportunity in that short amount of time — and even to just be able to fight for a belt — it doesnt happen too often. I know the division is kind of small, but every single day its growing. Im just trying to live in the moment. This is my moment in time." Of course in order to get the job done, Davis has to become the first fighter to solve the riddle of Rousey. A 2008 Olympic judo bronze medalist and undefeated in MMA, Rousey has looked as unbeatable as any champion on the UFC roster. Early in her career you could pretty much set your watch to her winning via first-round armbar. However, in her last trip to the octagon four months ago, Rousey displayed a new edge to her game by dispatching Sara McMann with a vicious knee to the liver. Davis admitted she isnt completely sure what to expect from Rousey, but said she is ready for wherever the fight may take her. "Rondas progressed as a fighter," Davis said. "Now, I have to deal with a different side of her, too. Shes been working a lot on her standup, which we saw in her last fight with her hands, her footwork and her knees. So Im not quite sure what kind of style were going to see Ronda come out with. You kind of have to be prepared for everything." Though Rousey has made a career of finishing top fighters in violent fashion, Davis presents a tough challenge. A black belt in both Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Japanese Jujutsu, she is arguably the most skilled grappler Rousey has ever faced. Her Muay Thai background was also on full display during her dissection of Liz Carmouche in November. Davis said Rousey has never fought an opponent quite like her. "I feel like Im the most well-rounded fighter shes ever had to deal with," Davis said. "Im comfortable on my feet and Im also comfortable on the ground. "Im pretty much dangerous no matter what. Every single fight my Muay Thai gets better — dangerous kicks, dangerous strikes — along with the ground, as well. She hasnt fought a fighter with as many qualifications as I have. Either way, I think Im going to give her more of a challenge than shes ever had to face before." Davis said she plans to stun the MMA world. "(Fans) should expect complete chaos," Davis said. "Ronda has that style that brings out the best in me, where shes constantly adding pressure and on the attack. Its going to be a very fast-paced, non-stop fight." Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! . The third baseman whipped the ball across the diamond to second baseman Aaron Hill. He quickly tossed it to shortstop Chris Owings, who flipped over his shoulder to left fielder Cody Ross. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! spokeswoman Heather Lissner said that all departing flights were back on schedule. However, arriving flights were still trying to catch up.Super Bowl Sunday got off to an inconvenient start for hundreds of passengers trying to get to Phoenix for the game. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! .Sinclair, from Burnaby, B.C., led the Canadian team with three goals at the four-nation competition. She also earned tournament most valuable player honours.The Canadian captain scored on a penalty kick in the 63rd minute and added the winning goal a minute later. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! . Louis Cardinals pitcher Jaime Garcia will have surgery on his left shoulder this week and is expected to miss the rest of the season.MOENCHENGLADBACH, Germany -- Germany had to settle for a 2-2 draw with Cameroon on Sunday in its last match before coach Joachim Loew names his final squad for the World Cup in Brazil. Samuel Etoo put Cameroon ahead in the 62nd, before Thomas Mueller and Andre Schuerrle gave Germany the lead. But Maxim Choupo-Moting clinched the draw in the 78th. Germany played without goalkeeper Manuel Neuer, defender and captain Philipp Lahm and midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger, who are nursing injuries, while striker Miroslav Klose sat out the match. Klose has been bothered by various injuries throughout the season. Left back Erik Durm made his debut, with another defender, Marcel Schmelzer, also injured. Germany has drawn its last two matches, with an under-strength side held 0-0 by Poland last month. The Germans also play Armenia on June 6, the day before they leave for Brazil. Loew picked Cameroon as an opponent because it also faces an African team in its group at the World Cup, Ghana. The other rivals are Portugal and the United States. Cameroon faces host Brazil, Croatia and Mexico. "It was a good opponent, they play hard," Loew said. "We lost possession often and they can counter." Cameroon weathered early German pressure before Etoo struck. His first shot was saved by Roman Weidenfeller, but Choupo-Moting, who plays for Mainz in Germany, squared the ball baack and Etoo knocked it in.dddddddddddd Mueller and Schuerrle turned the game with goals in quick succession. Mueller headed in the equalizer in the 66th after good work by Jerome Boateng on the right. Schuerrle scored from Lukas Podolskis low cross in the 71st. Podolski was offside but the flag stayed down. Germany scored only after Schuerrle came in for Mario Goetze and Podolski for the ineffective Oezil. Oezil wasted Germanys best chance after only 40 seconds by shooting wide. The Arsenal midfielder was hardly involved after that. Schuerrle and Podolski gave Germany more space and Mueller scored as soon as he moved into the striker position. Germany had other good chances, especially in the second half, but could not score. "It would have been good if we had used our early chances. We seem to need a lot of chances to score, that has been evident in recent months," Loew said. Germany paid for its inefficiency when Choupo-Moting broke through on the left and beat Weidenfeller with a low shot inside the far post. Mueller said Germany still had some work to do ahead before the World Cup. "Its hard to draw conclusions from this match. We should have been ahead after 10 minutes, we did not use our chances. Its good that the World Cup is still a little bit away," said Mueller, who scored five goals in South Africa at the 2010 World Cup. ' ' '

Вернуться в «Общение обо всем»