Yankees didnt get a runner past

jinshuiqian0713

Yankees didnt get a runner past

Сообщение jinshuiqian0713 » 24 июн 2020, 09:21

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - Years of losing finally got the best of Washington Redskins wide receiver Santana Moss.Moss was ejected from Sundays game against the New York Giants for arguing a questionable call on the final play of the first half that cost the Redskins a touchdown and control of a game they eventually lost 24-13.Moss seemed to nudge a member of Jeff Triplettes crew after the referee ruled that Robert Griffin III lost possession of the ball diving into the corner of the end zone on a scramble from the 8-yard line. That would have given the Redskins a 17-7 halftime lead.The play — like all scores — was reviewed and Triplette said Griffin fumbled out of the end zone during his dive and the play was a touchback. The Redskins screamed at the officials after the call. Washington led 10-7 at the half.I let my emotions get the best of me, you know, said Moss, now in his 14th NFL season. Ive been around this league for a long time, I know better. I know what I can and what I cannot do — when youre in the situation that weve been in, week in and week out, every play.The initial replay seemed to show that Griffin, who replaced Colt McCoy late in the first quarter, had outraced Jason Pierre-Paul to the pylon and scored.NFL officiating chief Dean Blandino tweeted: In #WASvsNYG RG3 clearly lost control of the ball before GL. Its a fumble. To regain possession he has to hold onto it when he lands.Griffin disagreed.Its a touchdown, Griffin said, who played well in relief. Thats how we all felt, everybody in the locker room, coaches included. My understanding is, if the ball passes the plane and you have control of the ball, its a touchdown in every game that Ive ever seen. They decided that it wasnt today.Triplette clearly explained the ruling to the fans in announcing that the touchdown had been overturned and the half was over. He added there was no time left in the half and the ball rolling out of the end zone made the play a touchback.Triplette said Moss was ejected for his language and for pointing at an official. He was assessed two 15-yard penalties. The first for his actions toward the referee and the second for his action toward field judge Alex Kemp.The first one was directed at me with the language and the point. Probably everybody saw that, Triplette said. Then the second one, when he got them away, it was a second group of inappropriate language, derogatory, directed at the official specifically.Moss said he did not see the touchdown, which happened on the Redskins sideline.You cant see it, youre on the field, you just see a touchdown and I was excited, man, and when I saw the call overturned— it only happens to us, he said. It feels like every time we do something good, something bad comes out of it, and its only been happening to us. Its been 10 years of this, so I just got carried away and I let that get the best of me and I know better and I have to do better.___AP NFL website: Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! and Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! .Two San Francisco radio stations say they wont play the song during the duration of the World Series. A Kansas City, Missouri, station responded with plans to play the Grammy-winning track every hour from 7 a. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! . He was signed to help with depth to the receiving corps because of the loss of Shamawd Chambers to the 6-game injured list. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку!. Cabrera is hitting .218 with three homers and 16 RBI in 80 games this season. The Padres recalled second baseman Brooks Conrad from Triple-A El Paso to replace Cabrera on the roster. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! . At this rate, the Flyers captain is set to be remembered more for a fantastic finish. Зарегистрируйтесь, чтобы увидеть ссылку! . Best has been bothered by concussion problems and hasnt played since Oct. 16, when the Lions lost to San Francisco. After starting 5-0, Detroit has lost four of six, beginning with that game against the 49ers.BALTIMORE -- When he tells his kids about his first complete game in the majors, Kevin Gausman will have a heck of a story to share -- if he skips the part about the game being called by rain after 4 1/2 innings. Chris Davis hit a two-run homer, Gausman allowed one run in five innings and the Baltimore Orioles beat the New York Yankees 3-1 Sunday night in a game shortened by rain. "Its great," Gausman said. "Complete game in 78 pitches. I think thats got to be a record." The Orioles scored all their runs in the fourth inning before Gausman (4-2) got three straight outs in the fifth. After Steve Pearce drew a walk in the bottom half, the rain came. The game was finally called after a delay of 2 hours, 22 minutes. "Its extremely disappointing," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "If the game would have been 10 minutes slower, we would never have got to that spot. Its unfortunate." Baseball rules deem that a game is official if the home team is winning after the top of the fifth. Girardi would like to see that change. "My preference would be that you come back and finish it," he said. "Were coming back, why dont we finish it? It would be changing what theyve done in the past, but I think it would be something to look at." Gausman gave up four hits, struck out two and walked none. The right-hander retired 12 of the final 13 players he faced to improve to 3-1 lifetime against the Yankees. Things didnt look so promising after Gausman gave up a leadoff homer to Brett Gardner, but the Yankees didnt get a runner past first base the rest of the way. New York starter Chase Whitley (4-3) gave up three runs and five hits in 3 2-3 innings. He had been relegated to the bullpen after going 0-3 with a 14.81 ERA in his last three starts. Gardner gave the Yankees a 1-0 lead with his ninth home run -- a career high -- on the fourth pitch of the game. It was the second homer allowed by Gausman this season, the first in 27 innings. "I knew right away that it was a bad pitch location. It was right down the middle," Gaussman said.dddddddddddd "Honestly, I think it kind of woke me up a little bit." Baltimore loaded the bases with two outs in the second before rookie Jonathan Schoop hit a routine fly ball to centre. Whitley struck out two in a perfect third, but couldnt get out of the fourth. Nelson Cruz walked and Davis snapped an 0-for-13 skid with his 15th homer, an opposite-field drive to left. J.J. Hardy followed with a double and Schoop chased Whitley with a two-out RBI single. In the top of the fifth, the grounds crew positioned itself behind the rolled-up tarp in anticipation of a rainstorm. As a fierce wind swirled around Camden Yards, lifting hot dog wrappers high in the air, Orioles right fielder Nick Markakis fell over after struggling to catch a knuckleballing fly for the second out. Soon after that, the rain came. Very long after that, the game was called. "It was kind of getting ridiculous because it was 12:15," Gausman said. "I made the joke, Were pretty much on the All-Star break." Baltimore hit the break in first place in the AL East for the first time since 1997. "We have a goal of going out and winning the division this year," Davis said. "We wanted to kind of control our own destiny. Were definitely in the drivers seat right now and hopefully we can keep it going." Injury-riddled New York reached the midpoint at 47-47, five games back in third place. "With everything that we had go wrong, were still in it," Girardi said. "Thats the big thing. Weve got to take advantage of that when we get back to work on Friday." NOTES: Gardner has three career leadoff HRs, two this season. ... The Orioles formally put RHP Ubaldo Jimenez (ankle) on the 15-day disabled list to make room for Gausman, who was recalled from Triple-A Norfolk. ... The Yankees recalled RHP Bryan Mitchell from Triple-A Scranton-Wilkes-Barre and optioned OF Zoilo Almonte to the same club. ... Baltimores Manny Machado singled in the second inning to reach base for a 16th consecutive game, tying his career high. ' ' '

Вернуться в «Общение обо всем»